Since my life is so boring right now…Freezing temps preventing good city exploration, and job searching taking up many hours a day, but only knowing a handful of people here to keep me occupied the rest of the time, I have decided to learn to do something better!
My choice of “something” is sewing! I have made in the past:
- Curtains (made of sheer slippery fabric…never again!)
- A Cookie Monster costume (tons of blue fur everywhere, but I love it!)
- Basic single fabric pillows
- A patchwork pillow
My teaching projects:
- A make-up bag which taught me to put in a zipper (very satisfying!!)
- A messenger bag style purse to teach me to put in pockets, a strap, and lining
- A pillow with piping (if I can find the piping)
- An “Envelope” pillow
- A “window” pillow
Here is the first of my teaching projects! My make-up bag! It was really fun to make, and it actually looks nice enough to use!!