- Get married before the start of football season
- Hold the reception in an UberSwanky facility
- Play Big Band era music during dinner
- Be sure the bartenders don’t put out a tip jar at the reception (TACKY! They should get tipped by the person who hired them!)
- Hold my wedding on a UT Longhorn football game day (or any other football game day, or any major final championship day–i.e. Game 7 of the World Series, championship game of March Madness, etc.)
- Hold my reception in a nondescript ballroom that seems to have too many purposes
- Have my wedding on a major holiday weekend, effectively hijacking my guests’ vacation time
- Have an engagement party, three showers and a bachelorette party that overlap guest lists (particularly if I get married over thirty).
And finally, I will be sure to not have my wedding on a UT Longhorn football game day…oh, did I already mention that one? Yeah, I am really serious about that…
Hook ‘Em Horns! So glad to have you back in my life!
What would you do or not do at your wedding (or DID you do)?